Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Well It's finally happened. After sixteen years, I have sadly been released from Young Women! It's shocking. Abby is still in denial she keeps trying to get me to plan things for them and I have to gently remind her that I'm not in Young Women anymore to which she responds, "Yes you are. You haven't been released." My new calling, ironically, is den leader for the Bears. What the heck is a bear?!? I don't know anything about scouts let alone bears!! To add to the hilariousness, Allen is now the cub master, whatever that is. I'm calling on all my friends with boys and/or knowledge of scouting to come to my rescue!! Did you know they give awards to these little scouties every month?!?! I wish the Young Women were recognized that often. Oh well, I'm sure I'll muddle through. The most distressing part of this is, I have to go back to Relief Society. Tragic, I know. Keep me in your prayers. It'll help me survive (RS not scouts).

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow that is a big change from YW's. It is fun once you get the hang of it! Go to all the trainings they offer and roundtable and you will learn a lot. Have fun!

Br Boys said...

I so proud of you! We still need: favorite candy, ice cream, cookies. I have to know what to get you for your b day.

Memzy said...

Yeeeah, even tho I have boys I'm going to be of no help there. I just was called to the same thing and I'm needing help too. Maybe we can have some sort of therapy session.